January 16, 2019 / 2:00 - 3:00 pm EST
Special Webinar for VCIA Members Only! (no charge)
VCIA Captive State of the Union
Annual update for VCIA Members only
Join VCIA President Richard Smith for an informative and timely update on VCIA legislative and regulatory activities on behalf of our members and the industry! Rich will be joined by David Provost, Deputy Commissioner for Captive Insurance at the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, and Jim McIntyre, VCIA’s representative in Washington for an overview of new and pending regulations in the state and in Washington D.C. and the NAIC.
Learn about VCIA's activities on your behalf, and the status of important current issues like:
Issues regarding the recently passed BEAT (Base Erosion and Anti-Abuse Tax) provision in the tax reform act that may impact captives
- Activities and updates from the NAIC, including regulation to the US/EU Covered Agreement; considering various aspects of the group capital calculation; and cyber security
- What do emerging state regulations mean for the captive industry
- How the mid-term elections might impact captive insurance
- The status of the Captive Insurers' Clarification Act, the bill to clarify the Non-admitted and Reinsurance Reform Act (NRRA)
- The Nonprofit Property Protection Act that will allow certain RRGs for 501(c)(3) nonprofits to insure their members' property.
- Updates on re-authorization of the Department of the Treasury's TRIA program
- Vermont's captive bill introduced for 2019
- Vermont Department of Financial Regulation updates
- Does the Federal Insurance Office still exist
We will take questions during the webinar; however, to be sure your concerns are addressed, please submit questions in advance to email@example.com by Friday, January 12th.
Don’t miss this important update on issues that are vital to you, our members, and the industry.
To register: Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and put "Captive State of the Union" in the email subject. Thank you.
Participation is limited to VCIA Members only. Full instructions will be sent to all registrants a few days prior to the webinar. Please contact the VCIA office with any questions or concerns at 802.658.8242.