Aug 6, 2019 10:00 AM – 5:15 PM
Spouses and guests of VCIA attendees are invited to join in on a tour to Shelburne, Vermont which is about 8 miles south of Burlington and has several very interesting venues that the tour will include. Your guide for the day is Greg Doremus of Vermont Guided Tours.
Here is an itinerary of the day:
– Depart the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and Conference Center.
– visit a beautiful 800-acre Estate Farm on the shores of Lake Champlain. The group will have a short, guided tour of the main floor of the turn of the century mansion/Inn. Walk the mansion grounds and gardens with beautiful views of the lake and Adirondack mountains of New York. Visit the Farm Barn and award-winning cheddar cheese making areas. Wrap up at the welcome center/gift shop for a cheese sampling and some shopping.
at a local restaurant in Shelburne with salads, soups, sandwiches and more.
– visiting this unconventional museum is an experience you won’t forget. Shelburne museum has over 30 buildings to view that showcases New England history and tradition. You can see folk art, impressionist art, circus and wagon collections – even a steamboat. The visit will include a one hour guided highlights tour and an additional hour for further self-exploration. Your ticket to Shelburne Museum will be good for a next day visit if you choose to return. There is so much to see.
Shelburne Country Store
– the tour will wrap up with a visit to the Shelburne Country store. Here you will find a little of everything – toys, home goods, bath essentials, homemade fudge, other food and maple products – the list goes on. You can even try a maple creemee to top off your day.
– Return to The Doubletree Hotel & Conference Center.
– If you would like to join this tour, please contact Greg directly at: email@example.com
or by calling him at 802.249.1825. Tour registration deadline is Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
. The fee for the tour is $100.00 per person which includes the tour, transportation, and admission fees for Shelburne Farms and Shelburne Museum. Lunch is purchased separately. Please pay by cash or check the day of the tour, directly to Greg Doremus.