October 13, 2016 / 2:00 - 3:00 pm ET
Special Webinar for VCIA Members Only (no charge)
Note: This event has passed but if you are a VCIA Member and would like a free digital recording of this session, please email Julie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Captive State of the Union
Join VCIA President Richard Smith for an informative and timely update on VCIA legislative activities on behalf of our members and the industry! Rich will be joined by David Provost, Commissioner of the State of Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, and Jim McIntyre, VCIA’s representative in Washington for an overview of new and pending regulations in the state and in Washington D.C. and the NAIC.
Learn about VCIA's activities on your behalf, and the status of important current issues like:
- The Captive Insurers Clarification Act of 2015, the bill to clarify The Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act (NRRA)
- The Department of the Treasury’s proposed rules to implement changes to the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program (TRIP or TRIA) required by the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 3794, The Nonprofit Property Protection Act will allow nonprofit RRGs to provide property insurance to their members who are 501(c)(3) nonprofits with over $50 million in premium, in addition to the liability insurance they already provide
- FHFA’s rule to exclude captive insurers from the Federal Home Loan Bank
- Activities and updates from the NAIC
- Vermont's bill, H-538, signed into law last spring
- New leadership at the Department of Financial Regulation, as well as an update on State leadership races
We will take questions during the webinar; however, to be sure your concerns are addressed, please submit questions in advance to email@example.com by October 13th.
Don’t miss this important update on issues that are vital to you, our members, and the industry.