October 19, 2017 / 2:00 - 3:00 pm ET
Special Webinar for VCIA Members Only! (no charge)
VCIA Captive State of the Union
Annual update for VCIA Members only
Join VCIA President Richard Smith for an informative and timely update on VCIA legislative activities on behalf of our members and the industry! Rich will be joined by David Provost, Deputy Commissioner for Captive Insurance at the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, and Jim McIntyre, VCIA’s representative in Washington for an overview of new and pending regulations in the state and in Washington D.C. and the NAIC.
Learn about VCIA's activities on your behalf, and the status of important current issues like:
IRS and 831(b) Captives
Reinsurance Taxation (Neal Bill) / Border Adjustment Tax
- Activities and updates from the NAIC, including the proposed NAIC Insurance Data Security Model Law, XXX / AXXX regulations and proposal to collect expanded mid-year investment information
- The Nonprofit Property Protection Act which will allow nonprofit RRGs to provide property insurance to their members who are 501c3 nonprofits with over 50 million in premium in addition to the liability insurance they already provide
- Updates to the Department of the Treasury's rules to implement changes to TRIP or TRIA
- The status of the Captive Insurers Clarification Act, the bill to clarify the Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act (NRRA)
- Vermont's captive bill - Vermont's governor signed into law recently, adding agency captives to the types that can be licensed in Vermont and updates to RRG governance standards
- Vermont Department of Financial Regulation updates including governance standards, as well as an update on new Vermont State leadership
- What's ahead: Federal Insurance Office, Tax Reform, Regulations
We will take questions during the webinar; however, to be sure your concerns are addressed, please submit questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18th.
Don’t miss this important update on issues that are vital to you, our members, and the industry.
To register: Just send an email to email@example.com with your contact information and put "Captive State of the Union" in the email subject. Thank you.
Participation is limited to VCIA Members only. Full instructions will be sent to all registrants a few days prior to the webinar.